Taking Care of Your Pieces
Here are tips for taking care of your piece.
- Store your pieces in a sealable bag or box to prevent discoloration and tarnishing.
- Care must be taken with regard to druzy gemstones and precious stones: Avoid knocking or banging them repeatedly as they will most likely break.
- Please avoid immersing gems in harsh chemicals or ultrasonic cleaners; these chemicals can dull or even pit their surfaces.
- Please avoid contact with alcohol, perfume and other chemicals.
- Remove before swimming, Salt water and chlorine can damage your jewelry
- Remove it before applying sunscreen or lotion. It can get into the crevices of chains and prongs and will make your jewelry dull and dingy.
1. Prepare a cleaning solution. Mix a few drops of mild dish soap with warm water in a bowl.
2. Soak the jewelry. Place the jewelry in the cleaning solution and let it soak for a few minutes.
3. Scrub the jewelry. Use a soft cloth to gently scrub the jewelry, paying special attention to any areas with dull spots.
4. Rinse the jewelry. Rinse the jewelry thoroughly with warm water to remove any residual soap.
5. Dry the jewelry. Pat the jewelry dry with a soft cloth.
6. Buff the jewelry. Use a soft cloth to buff the jewelry until it shines.
You can have your piece re-dipped in yellow gold or white gold by your local jeweler.